Posted: 16 July, 2021
We want you to work with participants, volunteers, colleagues and partners to gather the real life stories that make a long term difference in people’s lives. We want you to have the ability to produce compelling and grammatically precise copy for a wide range of audiences. This might be for impactful social media posts, press copy, blogging or film-scripting.
This is a truly exciting time at Cycling Projects, as we go through a structured period of growth. We want you to bring innovation, creativity, flair, and an ability to capture the impact of our work through many mediums.
We want you as the marketing and communications lead for Cycling Projects to capture the impact and benefits of cycling initiatives delivered by the charity and then use this to hook more people to be active for the long term, more people to volunteer and more partnerships to be formed through this exciting opportunity to be part of the national inclusive cycling landscape.
As the marketing and communications lead you will be accountable for:
• Defining the framework for an integrated campaign area (i.e. We Ride Together, Bike Buddy, Regional Development, etc.)
• Devising and implementing a full media, marketing, PR and communications strategy along with the annual implementation plan to deliver all aspects of a campaign
• To be responsible for Cycling Projects marketing, promotions and campaigning within the charity.
• Building and maintaining a detailed and accurate knowledge of a campaign area to maximise opportunities through the most effective communication approach
• Planning marketing communications, setting clear objectives, gathering and interpreting audience insight, selecting appropriate digital channels
• Carrying out research to understand our audiences
• Developing, writing and delivering copy
• Overseeing the quality of the content created by third-party copywriters, regional colleagues, etc., to ensure that style guidelines and brand identity are adhered to
• Building and developing external alliances/relationships with current and future partner organisations that support and can help us to achieve our mission
• Managing a busy workload through effective project management
• Collaborating with Cycling Projects Network Membership team to deliver a programme of communication that supports, engages, informs and excites all members.
• Managing the annual campaign budget for the Charity Director
• An understanding of the streams of work within Cycling Projects, including existing programmes and new commissions for 2021 and how they all play an integral part in the Scaling Up process for the charity.
For an application pack please contact:
Name: Georgina Armstrong
Email - Georgina.firstname.lastname@example.org