Posted: 3 May, 2021
Our ambition is to both increase the number of adapted cycle and Pedal Away programmes across the UK whilst refining our service offering to those hubs, extending their reach in to different communities and improving their sustainability.
We do this through the provision of over 50 ‘Wheels for All’ cycling hubs which provide safe access to adapted cycles as well as trained support alongside the Pedal Away programme enabling people to ride on two wheels regardless of age, ability or experience.
We are seeking candidates who are experienced and willing to take a hands-on approach to fill three Board positions in the areas of:
- Treasurer, ACA qualified preferably with Governance/Legal knowledge of Charities
- Safeguarding, preferably with knowledge of HR, Equality and Diversity
- Volunteering or who currently uses our services or similar
As a Trustee you will:
• Receive induction, training and reimbursable expenses
• Have the opportunity to drive the scaling of our charity
• Develop new skills and networks
• Improve the health and wellbeing of people and communities
The expected time commitment is 8 evening Board meetings a year either in person in Warrington, Cheshire or via a media link, and some additional hours per month on special projects in line with your skills.
An application form can be downloaded from the Cycling Projects website (link to add) along with:
• Charity Commission Declaration form
• HMRC Fit and Proper Persons Declaration
A completed application form (including details of referees), CV and accompanying declaration documents should be returned by email to Trustees@cycling.org.uk
Deadline for applications: 28/05/21
Thank you for taking the time to complete this application.
Cycling Projects is committed to protecting and respecting the personal data that we hold.