Fancy promoting the benefits of cycling and walking across the borough of Halton in Merseyside, for people who have found employment or who are currently seeking employment?
Then we now have two roles that could be just right for you…
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of working across a broad section of partners. You will ideally have experience of managing and supporting community initiatives in a range of settings
As the Walking and Cycling Training Hubs Activator you will be responsible for weekly delivery of a number of interventions that will support individuals as they seek beneficial ways to travel to their place of work or inclusive cycling sessions, managing the network of partners, recruiting and retaining volunteers to support the programme and to promote to all communities across the borough of Halton
- The primary purpose of this post is to establish regular cycling and walking opportunities for those people for those people who have recently secured employment across the districts of Halton.
- To deliver a number of effective initiatives focussed on giving those who have recently secured employment awareness, engagement and understanding of the benefits of cycling and walking to and from the workplace.
- To demonstrate effective commuter opportunities across Halton through the modes of cycling and walking and to combine current (and potential) community activity with the established infrastructure of Halton.
- To oversee the co-ordination and delivery of a range of initiatives to equip and prepare those recently employed to become actively involved in walking and cycling as commute. This will include cycle skills training, cycle maintenance, route finding, recycling opportunities, and health and social care opportunities.
- To ensure strong working relationships are created and enhanced through a range of sectors, including private sector, public sector and third sector. Ensuring that all partners are working towards a set of common objectives concentrating on walking and cycling opportunities.
The Closing date
For Halton it is Monday 11th September at 10am
If this sounds appealing to you then please get in touch for an application pack
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01925 234213