Cycling Projects are very pleased to announce a working partnership with Bath & North East Somerset Council (B&NES) to deliver and develop the Wheels for All service for the council and its communities.
We are excited to be working closely with all current partners, including the Friends of Wheels for All B&NES, to help build and develop an ongoing service for all abilities and everyone in the region.
We look forward to bringing new partners, organisations, participants and volunteers to the Wheels for All service – enabling many more people to access cycling activities across the region and beyond.
We have a comprehensive events schedule over the summer months:
Wheels for All B&NES summary of programme for summer 2016
Our popular ‘open’ Saturday sessions continue over the summer months at Odd Down Sports Ground cycle circuit from 13.00 to 14.30 on:
June: 18. July 9th, 16,& 30. August: 6,13, 20. September 3,17 & 24,
We will also be at:
- July 2nd Odd Down Cycle Festival– although this is not part of our Saturday Club programme we will be promoting what we do as Wheels for All centre, demonstrating some of our special cycles and fundraising through the ‘Friends of Wheels for All’. Please come and give generously to support our volunteers and cost of operating our extensive fleet of cycles.
- Bath Area Play Project (BAPP). Wheelie Fun Days – 4 August & 18 August 1-4p.m at Odd Down Sports Ground.
- On 3 August we are at Odd Down as part of SOFA – details for this via BAPP
- 8 September– watch out for our bikes in the ‘tour village’ as the Tour of Britain Cycle race comes to Bath for it’s first stage finish in the city since the late 80’s
- Additionally we are running sessions for groups and other services. If you would like to find out how we can offer an inclusive cycling experience to your programmes and teams in social and health care then please contact us to discuss requirements and costs.
We would like to extend our warmest thank you to the WFA volunteers based at B&NES, without whom the project wouldn’t be the great success that it is. If you’re interested in getting involved as a volunteer with us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch on the below contact details.
Chris and The Wheels for All B&NES team
mobile: 0753 026 3014